Which features of the Root are you using? (POLL)

It just really interests me. I hope enough people participate to make this somewhat interesting. >.<

• Not using Root at all
  • Google search
  • Qwant search
  • News
  • Weather
  • Calculator
  • Songkick
  • YouTube
  • Notes
  • Timer
  • Tickets
  • Converter
  • Calendar

0 voters

And since the idea has been raised (initially by @areoen if I’m not mistaken):

Would you like it if the Root was optional and could be disabled?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I hope the polls work, this is kind of my first experience with them…

Also I hope I didn’t forget anything. :yum:

Since I forgot the spotify root card, I am adding this option. Not as beautiful anymore, but sadly I can’t edit a poll after 5 minutes.

Are you using the spotify root card?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

I think you forgot to mention the Spotify card.

2 Likes

Great poll, I was wondering the same… I personally see no value in the root options, I can access a tile that I use frequently, ie Spotify or browser even. Interesting results so far!

Still keen on that ol’ messaging hub dream… #conversations

2 Likes

To be honest, I rarely use Root. I tried but it isn’t that feasible for me to slide and access the root widgets to get work done. I feel like that it’s an extra step to perform to do a specific task. I do find notes app widget useful, but my default note taking app is Google Keep and now my notes are divided between two apps. Similarly, I like to have a Spotify like widget but for YT music or for other music apps. Calender widget is useful, trying to get used to it. If I want to google search something, I would love if I can search it directly inside the bottom search bar of drawer’s panel. I am more excited about Tree panel/panel though.

4 Likes

+1 for YT Music support and also Evernote

1 Like

Face unlock support for locking an app

Please post that here as it’s the place for feature requests. :wink:

1 Like

I would use the Google search function in Root if when searching it launches the Google App NOT Google Chrome. Similar to Pixel phones on their stock launcher with the home screen Google search bar widgets, those use ‘Google Now’ or the Google app whatever it’s called, not opening new tabs in the Chrome.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, it opens your search in your standard browser. You could change your standard browser to the google app.

1 Like

The news and the weather cards are the highlights for me. Especially the news card, It’s pretty well designed and integrated into the launcher in such a unique yet simple manner.

3 Likes

I believe the root should be make available but with improvement and most used card i.e calendar UI enhanced. The least used card should be removed. Also, please consider some users that have de-googled their android for whatever reasons.

I mainly use the Calendar, Weather, Notes, Calculator and Converter. The rest is not useful to me. I would very much love to see YouTube Music support :sparkles:

2 Likes