Unable to use Blloc Mode

Hi guys,

since there is no bug report category I’m posting in general, hope that’s the right place.

Since yesterday, I am having trouble using Blloc Mode on my Z18. The loading screen (black screen with “BllocMode 3” in the center) is shown, but then it just goes to the background picture with no way to interact with it. Restarting the phone or switching to MNML mode and back does not help. Yesterday, force stopping the BllocMode app brought it back, but only until I locked the screen and tried to unlock it again. I then deleted the app data and this seemed to solve the problem, but after I turned on my phone this morning it was back. Moreover, I cannot get into Blloc Mode at all now, force stopping the BllocMode app and deleting the cache does not bring it back (haven’t deleted the app data again - it took a long time until I had all my drawers set up the way they were before and since this also didn’t solve the problem, I would like to save me the pain).

For now, I am stuck in MNML mode. There is no error message or anything. Is there anything I can do, except for completeley resetting the phone? I am on version 3.1.2, build number ZERO18.D3D6PA.0304.0.1. I have been on this version since it was released without issues.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Fabian

1 Like

Known issue. Give me a second to get you the response!

If this is happening to you, please follow these steps:

1. enable airplane mode on your device
  2. go to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Ratio -> Storage
  3. press clear data
  4. go back to Ratio
  5. reenable airplane mode
3 Likes

Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it! As I wrote in my original post though, while clearing the app data temporarily solved the issue, it returned after a day. Surely, having to completely reorganize all my drawers and tiles every day can’t be the solution.

I think I was able to narrow down the problem though. Tonight, I again tried the force stop method that got me back into blloc mode when the problem occured first, and this time it worked again (and this time, the problem did not reoccur when locking and unlocking the screen). However, I noticed that all my custom set tile icons were gone and during the process of reassigning them, blloc mode crashed on me again with no way of getting it back. Now, after a few hours of not using the phone, the force stop method worked again (and, again, all custom icons were gone). So the issue seems to be related to custom tile icons and somehow partly resolves itself after a few hours? For the time being, I am able to use blloc mode, but we will see what happens when I re-set the icons. It is strange that this suddenly seems to be a problem, when I have been using custom icons for all apps missing the lines icons without a problem since 3.1.2 was released.

EDIT: I now replaced all the icons, restarting blloc mode after each one, and all works well. I hope that’s the end of it and it was just a weird fluke

1 Like

Hi, we’re currently working on a fix for BllocMode. Until then please consider switching to MNML as it’s going to be more stable.

2 Likes

Hello Team
I am getting this message today since morning

I tried to exit ratio and clear cache. After relaunching the same error is showing.

Am I supposed to clear this too?

1 Like

They need to update the app to remove this error. So wait for the update. As @Sylvia replied they can’t remove this by individual request

1 Like

Thank you @freyjasasi for the reply!
My phone suddenly looks boring with one plus launcher

1 Like

https://community.blloc.com/t/solved-op7pro-getting-ratio-isnt-supported-on-your-device/1556/11

Check this

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

1 Like

[SOLVED, see first post] BllocMode not starting, empty screen with wallpaper
could you try that fix now please ?

2 Likes

Thank you
Works fine now :blush:

2 Likes

The topic seems to be deleted, when I go to the link I get the “that page doesn’t exist or is private” page.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Since it works for now, I will hold off on clearing the app data again. If the issue returns, I’ll try this though.

1 Like