Tree implementation

I know it’s under development but I am curious to know when will the tree update happen? I know there is a road map but I am hoping it happens soon. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

I’m not in the dev team, but checking on how often they improve Blloc, tree might be around after 4-5 updates from now. Maybe 4-5 months?

2 Likes

That’s too far. I thought within two to three weeks. Lol

1 Like

I don’t want to sound rude by any means but in this regard patience really is a virtue. The only people that could answer your question with a certain accuracy would be the developers themselves. And even they couldn’t account for all the unexpected things that could arise and delay the release. So it would be unwise for the developers to communicate the release unless they are sure there will NOT arise things that will delay the release any further.

Repeatedly asking a question that will (for a good reason) not get an accurate answer is just cluttering the forum. This is a beta product. It’s not like we are waiting for a promised feature that is way overdue. Just give them the time they need :wink:

8 Likes

dude… it’s a hard feature to impliment… Be a bit patient

2 Likes

It’s coming very soon.

1 Like

v3.2.5 - July24
v3.2.4 - July9
v3.2.3 - June25
v3.2.1 - June9

Tree is definitely not in v.3.2.6. Once tree feature was listed in 3.3 ( now not)

On an average they took 15 days to release new version. So if they plan 3.6.6, 3.2.7, 3.2.8, 3.2.9, 3.30.

So around 3 months ?? If no .7, .8, .9 then may be around a month 🤷

3 Likes

4 Likes

yeah… i nearly posted the same screenshot from the discord. the moderators have at least a grasp about the time it works, but the release i think is different

4 Likes

You got an analyst’s eye :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s been 1 month

Not so hard as you might think

Agreed… Kinda Not hard, just have to read notifications and organize them right?

It is probably an hard work, to implement the tree feature. The point is, as per the experience I had with Ratio in a few months, that without it is basically another launcher. With all due respect, Root feature in not so useful, once you got the apps, you’re used to use them (sorry for wordplay) and not the root command. In months, in never swiped left and used Root. Why? Because you have to adapt to a diffrent usage of phone. While Tree would be very useful, Root isn’t. Users search the fastest way to get infos, and it keeps being opening the apps. That’s my opinion.
The question is : how many users would use or try Ratio if Tree feature wouldnt be forecasted? Would you pay a fee without the Tree feature?
I don’t want to criticize the work of nobody, i think that the work behind Ratio is Great and the community is too. Just want to share some perplexities. Don’t hate ahaha.

1 Like

Actually I have been using ratio for months and recently switched back to the Google launcher stock android. Its faster to get to apps and everything else.

I am waiting for the tree component to go back to ratio. Don’t know how long it will take.

1 Like

I would never come back without tree feature I guess even if it’s free. And as you said I hardly used root (requested to add enable/disable option). I have 4 other home set ups (OnePlus, Nova, home square, Niagara). Mostly I’ll be switching. If tree is implemented then I can stick to Ratio.

I love the pixel stock launcher. It’s amazing and really fun to use. That’s is why I switched back. Tree is necessary to return to ratio. Don’t get me wrong I love the ratio launcher. It’s all about speed and convenience

Point is Ratio has a great design, but it’s risky as only black and white becomes boring. Minimalism is made of colors too, see Dieter Rams works. Being user friendly, essential and decluttering is very hard if we’re talking about devices we use daily. A great aspect is changing to bnw some apps to declutter, that is working and helped me a lot. I wanted to specify this to clarify that, for me, key point of Ratio are Tree and the possibility to shift to black and white those apps which we’re depending too much. As i wrote, without tree implementation after a while it made me want some colors on my screen, apps being found fast, immediate feedback.
I consantly switching from Ratio to Niagara. Sincerely, i guess i’ll be back once Tree will be implemented. Even if i’m worried about privacy in using it as we’re talking of personal messages.
I know we’re all here to test out Ratio and give feedback,so that was my 2 cents on it.

Tree is around the corner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

what is tree?

1 Like