[TESTING] Looking for testers for blank/unresponsive screen issue

As most of you know, there is currently a big issue in Ratio where the app becomes unresponsive and just shows an empty screen (either black or showing the wallpaper), then the only solution is to force stop .

We want to get rid of it as soon as possible as it really makes the Ratio experience bad.

This issue is very hard to reproduce and that makes it even harder to debug and FIX. That’s why we are looking for more testers to be in close contact with.

Ideal candidate:

• You get this issue pretty often in Ratio (several times a day) OR almost never.
  • You are ready to install a new version of Ratio once a day (sometimes more but it’s rare) and use it as your default launcher 100% of the time (unless rare exceptions where the version is completely unstable)
  • You are ok with sometimes getting a version of Ratio that could be a bit less stable than the public version.
  • You will report it every time there is a crash / total unresponsiveness of the app that can only be solved by a force stop
  • Big bonus (but not required): you know how to use adb (Android Debug Bridge) and send log files.

Your help will be very very appreciated and might improve the experience of thousands of users :grin:

If you’re interested, just write a message here and I’ll send you an invite to our Telegram testers group.

ps: please don’t write a private message directly as it’s harder to manage.
32 Likes

Hi guys, I use ratio as default on my Z Flip and don’t have any issues.
If u want me as a tester send me a invite.

Big regards and keep up the awesome work!!

6 Likes

Hello, i ise ratio on honor 8x as default launcher all the time. I faced black screen only previously but after the new update its much better.

I am ready to be a tester.

5 Likes

I have been using ratio as my default launcher for the past 3 months or so, have faced black screen only once and i am ready to contribute to solve this issue.

5 Likes

I have been using Ratio for the past week as my default launcher on my OnePlus 7 Pro and have had the black screen issue a couple times. I’d be happy to help to solve this issue.

3 Likes

Hello, been using ratio as my default launcher on my OnePlus 3 since version 3.2.4, ready to be a tester

3 Likes

Hi there I’m facing the black screen issue countless
Times a day… As a solution I’m doing force stop thing as mentioned above… Sometimes if doesn’t helps I restart my mobile…
Yes I’m willing help Ratio to make better launcher… Count me in for bug reporting and testing :blush:

3 Likes

Been using Ratio as my default launcher for months and never faced the black screen issue (Galaxy S20+).
Can also test on a second phone (Sony Xperia XZ) if the test builds do not require a code activation.
Quite familiar with adb.
Ready to be a tester!

2 Likes

I am happy to help out…count me in

2 Likes

hey there i too use ratio as a default launcher,and I’ve face 2-3 every day😂.

2 Likes

Hi Oliver I would like to be a part of this blloc testing version

2 Likes

Am interested and would love to give a hand. thanks
Am using a Samsung device
galaxy s8 android 9.0

2 Likes

Interested

3 Likes

I’ve been using ratio as my default launcher and have never faced this issue.
I also know how to use Adb and send log files. Would love to help with this.

3 Likes

Hi! I’ve been using the ratio for a while now and being a professional QA Analyst I test mobile and web apps so it would be a pleasure for me to test the ratio and help towards its improvement.

2 Likes

Hey there! I use ratio as my default launcher and also have the adb features enabled. I hadn’t faced the black screen issue before this update…Count me in for the testing

2 Likes

Yeah, i want test this.

2 Likes

I never faced a black screen since the 3.2.8 update… untill today. I faced 4 times today and had to reboot the phone every time. I am happy to help with this issue, provided I get to test TREE. Fair enough?

2 Likes

I would like to test on my OnePlus 7 pro.

2 Likes