Suggestions & a bug

I’ve been using Ratio for a few days now and in general it’s nice, but there are a few things that I would’ve liked to see. I’m not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, if it isn’t my apologies.

1. There should be a tutorial or something to teach you how to get around better. At this point I can’t remember if there were any prompts when you first install the app or not, but if there was anything it wasn’t enough. I couldn’t figure out for a while how to create a new drawer for example. I think there should be a YouTube video or something included in the emails giving you a walk through of the way the app works before you install it.

2. Related to the previous point, there should be an easier way of creating new drawers. Either in the settings where you edit them there should be a “Add new drawer” setting or maybe a long press while in the home screen to give you that option.

3. The scrolling should be cut off at the status bar. My icons in the status bar are white, and if I’m scrolling up and down in the home screen sometimes the white text gets behind my icons and I can’t discern what they are or tell the time. If the status bar wasn’t affected by the scrolling (the background that is) it’d be a bit easier/more comfortable to use the app.

4. This is a bug I guess, but, I’m having issues with the blinking notification, both in tiles and in the drawers. The drawers will have the yellow blinking light to the right of the drawer name, indicating that there’s an app within that drawer that has a notification, but this has often not been the case. I’ll open the drawer to check and see which app has a notification, but none of them would. The same happens with the tiles themselves. I’ll be looking at a tile that has the notification blinking light going on but the app in question has no notifications present at all. I’m not sure why this is the case, and it isn’t a huge deal, but it is annoying. Constantly having to check for app notifications only to find that there are none, both in the status bar and no new events within the app itself, it’s a bit frustrating.

So far my experience has been positive (aside from not being able to install Blloc Pro because my computer somehow doesn’t recognize my phone, which is odd), and I’m looking forward to seeing everything improve.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Your Ratio Wishlist