Ratio Whicon Icon Pack

Hi all,
I’ve been trying to find a way of using the Whicons Icon Pack in Ratio as I personally believe they look more in keeping with the Ratio Launcher.
So I’ve found a work around that’s not perfect but has enabled me to implement them for personal use only.At this point I’m not prepared to reveal how I did it because I want to finalise my work before posting.
I thought I’d throw this subject out to the community to see how others felt about it and whether if we put pressure on the Devs they could approach the Whicons author to agree to his Icon pack being used as an add on,take a look and decide for yourselves.
I personally think they look great !
Sorry had to re post due to problems

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’ve been trying to find a way of using the Whicons Icon Pack in Ratio as I personally believe they look more in keeping with the Ratio Launcher.
So I’ve found a work around that’s not perfect but has enabled me to implement them for personal use only.
I thought I’d throw this subject out to the community to see how others felt about it and whether if we put pressure on the Devs they could approach the Whicons author to agree to his Icon pack being used as an add on,take a look and decide for yourselves. Screenshot_20201015-224022_Ratio|225x500

Hi, sorry I had to re post this due to problems.
I can’t divulge my methods at this point as it’s a work in progress but thank you for your interest.

Are those icons not pixelated in ratio? Not like in the line.

It’s simple how to use other icon packs.
Below are the steps:

1. Install the needed icon pack and set it as default icon pack through your syst settings.
  2. Install ratio and do not install lines icon pack when insisted.

Voila, ratio is using your needed icon pack.

This is not the way how things work here.

By the way, the option to use different icon packs has already been requested and is known to the devs. They are thinking it through.

Next time, if you have a feature request, do it in the wishlist thread.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I don’t want to appear rude
but it doesn’t make any sense.
On my device like many others it is impossible to set
third party icon packs through system / settings as default except for those installed from the device manufacturers store unless you use a third party launcher such as Nova Prime etc.
Please could you give more details of how you have done this because on the Samsung Galaxy A70 it is not an option unless you can prove otherwise.

1 Like

This reply is perfect and why I love our community :yellow_heart:

We’re working as hard as we can, the last thing we need is

5 Likes

Exactly I was about to ask.