Ratio Tree link feedback

OMG this commercial Tree sharing contest!! Without me. I thought Ratio would be some kind of alternative, but actually perhaps you are just another “trying to be successful” startup :-/ My fault…

3 Likes

It is just a way to get early access to tree. Nothing else.

But in any case, all up and coming new apps use various methods to increase the exposure of their apps. Let it be sharing links, advertisement and such. It is just a way of promotion and marketing.

And what’s wrong in trying to be successful? Isn’t that the reason any company is formed?

2 Likes

Luckily some companies have other reasons than pure success. I am here because I believe in an alternative launcher that respects my time and privacy, if possible uses alternative platforms than amazon/google/etc and for sure is not trying to make me advertise their products to be able to access some functions. Ratio is supposed to be a less triggering and more ethical alternative - which indeed I am beginning to doubt. If this is not the case, why would I not go with Google or Apple, then?

1 Like

You have mistaken here. You don’t actually have to advertise or share it in order to access some functions. This gamification is just for the early beta access of tree.
If it is uncomfortable, you don’t have to do it. You’ll anyways be able to subscribe to tree function when it is released as stable build.

Hope that answers your question.

2 Likes

Rightly said. When he doesn’t want early access he (Edited by moderator) stay calm !! why demotivate developers. They are already doing a great job. Cheers to your team:smiley :slight_smile:

Hi. I have edited your post. Please be civil in your replies. There is no need for foul mouthing.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Let’s be respectful and keep this forum a friendly place.

You are right on the other point though. Devs are hard at work and let us not demotivate them.

1 Like

I am sorry mate :slight_smile: … I am just curious when will i get to use tree . i was in 300th ranks now moved back to 500th will it take 50 weeks :smiley: :smiley: … I wish someone can send me the beta invite :slight_smile:

The tree beta program would be just for 60 days or approximately 8 weeks. After that it will be released for everyone.

2 Likes

Good to hear. It will be out for Christmas :christmas_tree: I guess or new year

Somehow the sharing link is not fair. The tree beta phase should be available for ratio users who have been using ratio for a while now. People who are loyal and who used this launcher for a while. I believe the developers should give access to the oldies not newbies with highest sharing ratio. It’s not easy to ask people to install plus where I live majority are using iphone. Which makes is hard to get downloads.

5 Likes

Completely understand and agree with you. Even I can’t share it to many(cause I don’t have friends).

4 Likes

The ones you have are already using it :smile: including me

1 Like

I am completely agree with your points. Its impossible for me to get the rank down. I am using ratio for almost 6+ months

1 Like

Understand that the beta program is just to test that all the functionality is working fine and to find out if any bugs have been missed. Also the beta for the tree won’t be as long as the one for Ratio (max of 60 days). So anyways everyone would have a chance to get the tree after that short period.

I have been using Ratio for the past 6 months I guess and I installed it on four phones and I was part of the testing community black screen and did an interview over zoom to give my feedback on the launcher. At a stage I had Ratio installed on two phones that I was using. I think I am eligible to be part of the tree testing community before they launch it tonight public…

3 Likes

Haha who are you, no offense​:joy::joy:

1 Like

Just like you. Joined in this wonderful place for an amazing app.

1 Like

Anyway, minimalism isn’t about spamming. This “sending invites to get the rank up” policy isn’t for me. I do not send invites, because world today is overwhelmed by shared post, emails and so on, minimalism isn’t about that. Sending invites to promote a minimalist launcher is basically a viral (unpayed) commercial. Which i do not condamn, as each company chooses the way to promote her work. I do not simply agree with sending invites.
Anyway, i was thinking about the fact that it is some sort of contradiction to have a launcher who is related to using phone less, while all people here seems to use phone as main activity during the day. I won’t judge, but maybe using less the phone is literally, “using less the phone”.

2 Likes

Y’all do know that you are using the beta version of this launcher free of charge and that you are not in anyway forced to take part in this little contest! It is just a way to help the developers build a soild userbase. They are not trying to misslead you! It can just be a way, for you, to thank the developers for the amazing work that they have done developing this launcher. It will be gone in the public release anyway.

1 Like