Ratio Pro vs Ratio Light

Hi @MatadorFury. How do you do?
As of today you can request an invitation code from Blloc’s website that will allow you to install the Pro version through Bllocdesk.
You will find the request form at https://www.blloc.com/#ratio
Regards

1 Like

I agree with @MatadorFury

Hello, may i know if the conversation feature already been released or not? I’m just curious, i don’t want to be missing from updates, thank you :smile:

Welcome to the community.
The mentioned feature is not yet released.

You can keep an eye on update progress in the ratio roadmap thread and I’m the trello board in it.

Reinstalled. same issue. Maybe the code is not for full but Lite ?
3.2.3 version

later edit:
In ratio settings the following are strikethrough: Color mode, App lock and Change animation speed. Any attempt to grant these permissions pop up the message that they can only be granted via BllocDesk. even after pairing with the computer these are not usable.

still doesn’t work even after reinstalling.

In ratio settings the following are strikethrough: Color mode, App lock and Change animation speed. Any attempt to grant these permissions pop up the message that they can only be granted via BllocDesk. even after pairing with the computer these are not usable.

you don’t have to go to rario settings for that

long press(5-10seconds) the app(for example facebook) which you want to use in monochrome mode.
that will trigger a different setting page for specific for that app. there you can change it to black and white or color mode

as i previously said. not working. “Feature not supported. Ratio doesn’t have the right permissions to use this feature” with “Not now” and “Go to BLLOC.com” answer options.

That works only in pro version. Light version does not support it.
In light version you can only change icon color.

Pro version could be installed through computer. And you need code.

Is your comment a reply to my last one?

Yes. @smaili

Are you using “pro” or “light”?

Welcome to the Ratio Community site @shahirulaiman

Greetings!

Thank you so much for your email and the invitation code: OxDVP8A7P that you sent me. I have downloaded the RATIO LITE app on my Samsung Galaxy A71 and entered the invitation code and it says that there are no updates. I guess that Bllock does not support my phone yet or I may be missing something.

Best regards!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
Be well and stay safe always!

1 Like

how are you deciding who to give light and who to give pro. I have a flagship android phone with sd 855 and I get the lite version. That’s a shame.

Hello Rishi, kindly read the invitation mail once again and try to understand, To install pro version you need to use block desk. Install block desk in your Windows laptop and you can install Pro version. Right now Pro version can’t be install in normal way as other apks (lite version). Please before accusing know the facts.

3 Likes

Hello Ismael, could you please update the differences.
Now BloccDesk connection option in Rato settings is showing only in PRO version.
Please correct me if i am wrong. Thank you.

1 Like

hey man, i was having the same issue and finally figured it out.
try these steps:

1. Uninstall the ratio launcher completely
  2. Use any cleaner app to remove the cache files (i prefer “ccleaner” and then qucik clean on the app)
  3. Restart your device
  4. Enable usb debugging from developer options
  5. Do a fresh installation through “Blloc desk” file. you can get it here (https://www.blloc.com/bllocdesk)
  6. Let the launcher verify the activation code through blloc desk.

If everthing goes well the Greyscale funtion will work. Make sure you turn on the funtion on your device by going into Tiles Setting>General>Enable Grayscale

1 Like

This information is now outdated and we’ll communicate more about this in the coming days. Here’s what we can say for now:

Ratio Pro as it is now (without the Tree) is going to become the basic version of Ratio, available to everyone for free forever and we will continue updating it.

The main distinction between what was Ratio Light and what was Ratio Pro is about permissions, more specifically the fact that one of the permissions (ie “Write Secure Settings”) can only be activated from an external computer (at least for non-rooted devices). That is the reason why the installation of Ratio Pro had to be done via BllocDesk.

This permission and the features that rely on it (such as App Lock, Color/Greyscale Mode etc.) are still part of Ratio but new users wanting to use these features will have to download an external tool on their computer to enable the permission (there will be a download link inside the Permission Manager of Ratio).

As a result, starting from v3.2.8, there will only be 1 “variant” of Ratio available for everyone, just called Ratio, it will be installed via BllocServices at first and later (hopefully from v3.2.9) via the Play Store.

Then later when the Tree comes out, it will be available via an in-app subscription to what will then be called Ratio Pro .

In the end it will be just one app for everyone, with a subscription model inside the app. Details on the subscription and how much it will be will be posted later on the forums here from our team.

14 Likes