Hi Blloc team and community,
Loving Blloc Ratio. I read the post by @tonmoy (now closed) on privacy and wanted to chime and voice my concerns, comments and opinions. First of all, praise where it’s deserved. I have installed Ratio on my secondary phone and it’s simply brilliant. I love the design and the minimalist values are what I’ve been looking for for a very long time. I really, really want to jump onboard with Blloc but I value my privacy and would like to ask some questions first.
Before I install it on my main device (which I have Graphene OS installed on) and eagerly recommend it to all my friends and family, there are a few things I’d like to know. I’ve searched through Blloc’s website (including the legal documents at the bottom) and the community here and haven’t found any answers, but I apologize in advance if some have been answered before.
- Does Blloc collect any data on how I use my phone? Is this data stored locally or on Blloc’s servers? Can I opt out?
- Does Blloc use any Google services (ie analytics, maps, location) inside Ratio?
- Is it possible to request all the data Blloc has collected on me (if any)?
- Does Ratio work on deGoogled Android phones such as phones running Graphene OS and Lineage OS?
- Does BllocOS on the Z18 contain Google Services? Is Blloc OS built on top of AOSP (and so has no wifi triangulation and built-in Google services) or is it a modified version of Google Android with Google services?
Essentially my ideal setup would be to have Blloc Ratio on a deGoogled phone as I love Ratio but I don’t want to be tracked or any unnecessary data to be collected on me.
Many, many thanks in advance.