Pixel 5a - can't toggle "Color" for app

I’ve installed Ratio on my Android 12 Pixel 5a. Just about everything works.

I’d like to make certain apps grayscale, but I can’t seem to toggle the “Color” button in the app info page. I can toggle Lock and Mute, but not Color. I get zero indication that anything happens. I don’t even get an error message. It just stays on.

1 Like

Hi there,
Greyscale mode is in development and
Will be available in future updates.
For now, it doesn’t work.
Untill You can use “mono chrome” option which is in developer options in your phone settings to change apps to grey scale (all apps).

1 Like

Aw, ok. I was specifically interested in Ratio because of the per app grayscale. Glad to here it’s in development at least.

Hi,

I also got Ratio specifically because of the promise to be able to greyscale specific apps…as a beta tester. I asked about this feature when Ratio switched to a paid subscription and was told then that it was in development. I decided to go ahead and pay for a subscription even without this feature, in hopes that it truly was coming. Here I am, being asked to pay for my second year of subscription, and still no greyscale. Very frustrating for it to be “still in development” for all this time while other features keep rolling out and being updated.

This feature is not available at present. Might be enabled in future updates. @rjn

Alternative:
You can use “mono chrome” option which is in developer options in your phone settings to change apps to grey scale