Hi there guys.
I have seen many threads created here on the forums about problems in installing ratio pro in the Mi and Poco phones. But few were able to install it without a problem. I was completely intrigued by this and wanted to figure out what the problem was.
So, when @DanielToPaker pinged me in the discord server, we both buckled up on finding out. And we finally managed to install Ratio Pro on his Poco F1.
So, without further ado, below is the how part.
- Ratio invite. (Check your inbox, promotions and spam folders for mail from Blloc Inc)
- Bllocdesk app.
- Xiaomi USB drivers - Download
- A Xiaomi or Poco phone.
- A Mi account and the account login in your phone.
- Developer mode enabled in your phone. - How to
STEPS FOR INSTALLATION:
A. Providing USB debugging permissions:
- Download the Xiaomi USB drivers, unzip the package and paste the packge in your C: drive.
- Go to the developer mode of your phone, and enable the following permissions:
- Unlock your phone and connect it to the PC. Keep the phone unlocked throughout the process.
- Turn on data transfer mode in USB connection notification. (Ensure that your cable supports data transfer).
- Go to desktop, press shift + right click. From the pop up menu, select “Open powershell window here”.
- Once the powershell is opened, type “adb devices” and press enter. The deamon should start running.
- Now, check your phone, it should as for permission asking your PC to be allowed for USB debugging. Provide the permission in the phone.
- Now, it should show your phone listed as adb device. (It will show an alphanumeric value against “adb devices”).
B. Installing Bllocdesk and Ratio Pro:
Now that we have provided the necessary USB debugging permissions, follow the below guide for installing Ratio Pro: (Thanks to @BobbyV8)
- Installing on PC:
- Save / Move BllocDesk.exe to Desktop
- Rightclick on BllocDesk.exe and run as Administrator
- If installation is blocked by Windows with a dialogue ‘Windows Protected PC’, click “Run Anyway”
- Allow Access on the Windows Defender Dialogue.
- Go to Install > Follow Steps mentioned there.
Step 2 - Installing Ratio Pro
- Navigate to Install
- Step 1 & 2 Instructions to be followed on your device.
- Enter your code on Step 4
- Step 5 downloads Ratio. This could take time depending on your internet speed.
- Step 6 is to allow necessary permissions (this is the reason Ratio needs to be installed over a system)
- Step 7 is to accept T&C (You’re supposed to read it!)
Note - In the process a screen splashes on your device to input code, DO NOT input anything. BllocDesk is supposed to do the job.
Run as Admin (if operating on a windows PC)
Ta Da! Your Ratio Launcher is ready to be used on your device, just allow some permissions.
Hope this guide helps. If this doesn’t work, please discuss in this thread instead of creating a new one. That way, others too can gain the knowledge.