Dragging icons into categories

If I try to drag Google Photos (down at the Ps) all the way up to a Google category that I have created, it will scroll up maybe 4 or 5 rows before just stopping altogether. I have this issue on a Pixel XL and Pixel 4. It would be a lot easier to be able to long press and select a category to assign an app to or something like that instead of long press dragging to the top of the screen and holding it there while the drawer slowly scrolls up to the top (and stops prematurely).

It’s things like this that cause me to just uninstall the launcher altogether until there’s some polish and thought put into these really minor things.

Hi there, welcome!

I understand your frustration; moving apps around can be quite the hassle and complicated. If you plan on moving an app to another drawer, there are three options for you to do so:

1. Manually dragging and dropping
  2. Editing the app categorisation via Ratio Settings
  3. Moving an app via the app context screen

I prefer the last option, since it doesn’t involve much complexity to handle. This applies if you’d want to move an app to another drawer, but not exactly if you want to affect its place in the drawer - in the latter case, I think dragging and dropping is fine.

To do this, press and hold on an app until the ‘context’ screen (the one with app usage stats and options below) and select Move. From there, you can choose which drawer to move the app to.

I hope this helps!