BllocDesk Wishlist

Anything on BllocDesk that would make your experience more enjoyable? Please write down features and functionalities you would like to see on BllocDesk.
Please be specific and constructive, your feedback and input is very valuable to us.

4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Ratio - Wishlise

Thanks for the feedback! Implementing a calendar is kind of a big task for now but we’ll look into a solution.
By the way this section is supposed to be about BllocDesk :grin:

4 Likes

BllocDesk Connection without Wi-Fi on the PC.
I would like to use my DESKTOP Instead of the Laptop at home.
Because it’s my Phone for Work, using Blloc Desk would be Nice with a Wired connection too.
For now, it’s good but eventually, I would like to choose the connection type.

If there is an option, I am just to blind to find it.

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat as axeltobi
My desktop doesn’t use Wifi but I would still like to use Bllocdesk on it.

2 Likes

So, I was right, there is no option to change the Mode to Wired Connection.

actually there is. If you connect it with USB, and the USB debugging is on it will pair and connect, given the Phone is on “a” WiFi and the Desktop has an internet connection. I think on the very latest update of BllocMode/Ratio, you can disable the “Same Wifi” policy.

1 Like

It keeps telling me that my paired device is offline and it’s “currently pairing” but that never goes away. Guess I’ll see what the next update does to it.

2 Likes

I would love to have Contacts Sync and Backup functionality within the BllocDesk. It would ensure smooth transition to my spare Z18 phones if necessary. I’ve already flashed and reset my phone once (old Beta) and had to restore all my data from scratch.

That is one of the best features of iPhones - you buy a new one and you are ready to go within minutes. I’m using more and more my Z18 and I’m updating my contacts on my iPhone/iMac, which takes time and is not convenient.

7 Likes

Hi @k.klisarov thanks for the suggestion. We’re currently working on a backup solution so it shouldn’t take long to make it available publicly

4 Likes

Hey, @jorezm I’ve tested this, and I have the same problem.
I’ve also Changed the Connection Type from Charging to File Transfer and so on.
Same result.
It won’t connect.

@adham Could It be a problem with Windows 10 and how the system handles external devices?
We all know Windows can be a little bitchy.

2 Likes

Great news, thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi guys!
First, thanks again for the hard work, it s really cool to have such a player in the mobile industry!
Getting back to BlocDesk, it should behave a bit as an icloud back-up sync system, that allows you to sync at least contacts, calendar and multimedia in a secured way. Having the possibility to use ratio and blocdesk and beeing able to change phone and get back all our information in a secured way as opposed to other players would be for me the perfect solution to use!

4 Likes

Is it that necessary to ask for the phone’s location in order to sync? If the BllocDesk and the phone are already paired and, especially within the same network, switching on the location shouldn’t be a pre-condition to sync. Thanks for your consideration.

5 Likes

This is a very good question.

In order to retrieve information about the wifi network the phone is connected to, android needs to have location enabled. The reason for this is because there’s a way to get the device’s location just by having the wifi network information, so the user has to be aware that by giving access to the wifi info, they’re also giving the developer the possibility to get their location.

This is the only reason we need location to be on for syncing. We understand that might raise a lot of concerns so we’ll make an effort to explain this better. Thanks a lot bringing it up

6 Likes

My Ratio works just fine with my OnePlus 7. Can I flash Z18 OS to my OnePlus 7 phone?

5 Likes

Z18 OS only works with the hardware of the Z18. Therefore Ratio is it´s the pendant on other devices.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Seems it is a matter of politeness!

1 Like

Had the same issue, turns out it wont pair unless the PC is connected using wifi, if your PC is connected using Ethernet it wont work, well I guess that can be a feature that could be arriving soon.

2 Likes

First, this experience as a whole is amazing! Only bug with Bllocdesk that i found so far is that i can’t connect to my phone using Ethernet, however it seems to work if i use Wifi to pair and then switch to cable

2 Likes