Blloc and Ratio - An Appreciation Thread

Hi everyone!

First and foremost, hope everyone is safe. :slight_smile:

Now, coming to the topic at hand.

Ratio is one of the most intriguing app I have come across for a while. I am a huge fan of the nova launcher. I usually try out many launchers but go back to Nova within a day. But ratio is the only “launcher” which I have stuck to for more than a day. I have been using it for quite a while now and it never ceases to amaze me.
In any case, calling it a “launcher” is an understatement. It is way above it.

Thanks to the monochrome mode, my social media (read twitter) usage has come down drastically. It has made me realize how much time I have been wasting on social media and gaming apps. My general screen usage time of 14 hours a day (don’t judge me :stuck_out_tongue:) has come down a mere 6 hours. 6 hours of productive office work.

The simplicity and minimalism is so effective. Less distractions, more work. Goal achieved :smiley:

Ratio, in my opinion, will go places. The positive response to it is seen in the throngs of people in this forum. And the community will help ratio and blloc grow.

So, here is my appreciation.
Thanks @adham @Ismael @olivier @Sylvia @internetjohnny @Mazen and every other person behind ratio. :grinning:
Thanks to the mods @BobbyV8 and @jbriones95 for keeping this community space neat and tidy. The tremendous work you guys are putting up in keeping this space organized is appreciated. Not to mention the help you guys do around here in providing answers and fixes. :vulcan_salute:
Last but not least, thanks to each and every user of ratio. The feedbacks from you guys is going to help improve ratio and eventually bring out a stable build for the general masses. :slight_smile:

I have seen multiple people post appreciation threads in the community forum. Let us use this thread to post all the appreciation in this thread. Let us help the mods keep this place clutter free and productive like ratio.:slight_smile:

Peace :peace_symbol:

21 Likes

I’ll just add my two cents here.
My device, the OnePlus 8 Pro, makes it incredibly hard to not get addicted. I’ve been fighting my phone addiction for some years now and nothing has worked quite as well as Blloc. It’s my second or third day of Blloc now and the ingenuity behind it amazes me. My biggest time killers are not there anymore.
Search using Qwant allows me to not get carried away by Google’s News suggestions.
Black and white style plus the apps hidden behind collapsable folders makes for me to not open apps “just for the sake of it”.

Plus, it’s all battery friendly. I’ve put my device into dark mode everywhere now, as it fits the style of the launcher better. Took a few hours of getting used to it, but now, it’s great and I’m left with 44% after a whole day of usage. Time will tell how much power Blloc Ratio has to right phone addiction on a deeper level, but initially, it looks more than just promising. Thanks!

3 Likes

I am Just Amazed by the Blloc Ratio, I got the Mail Yesterday and I was so Happy about it, I was so eager to use it, Now I am using it since morning and it’s like the Best Launcher App anyone have ever designed, It’s color differentiating method is so useful, it is so useful to separate apps from others, Priority apps Yellow, and then as color goes down by priority, and the app drawers are cool too, the only problem I am having with app drawer is that it’s hard to add apps in it, and the notification blinker is not working, I mean it’s not notifying about the notification, I tried to set the speed and others things but it’s not working, this launcher is so good, I am gonna use it as my main launcher from now on, Thank You Blloc Team

6 Likes

Hi Blloc! First, I want to thank you for the invitation. I have now installed Ratio Pro on my Galaxy S9 + without any problems. I really like Ratio with its various features so far. If I wish for something, it would be good if the date for the Samsung calendar could be changed after today’s date on the icon. Thanks again to the Blloc team and I’ll be back when I tested Ratio a little more in-depth /rm1.:smiley::+1:

7 Likes

Kudos to the Blloc team!! Honestly there are a number of launchers claiming to be productivity focused or based on minimalist philosophies but none of them have attained the depth you guys have gone into. I really love everything about it and am waiting eagerly for the future updates! Thanks again team :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve found that when I open my phone, I have a clearer intention to what I do. I don’t just open apps mindlessly as much.

Considering Ratio still hasn’t even reached its final form, I’m excited for what the finished product will look like.

1 Like

Indeed. And I have put up an habit of directly searching for the app instead of going through the list. This way, I don’t click on distracting apps.

1 Like

@FlixbusLennart welcome! :slight_smile: Glad that you were enjoying ratio!

2 Likes

I am Just Amazed by the Blloc Ratio, I got the Mail Yesterday and I was so Happy about it, I was so eager to use it, Now I am using it since morning and it’s like the Best Launcher App anyone have ever designed, It’s color differentiating method is so useful, it is so useful to separate apps from others, Priority apps Yellow, and then as color goes down by priority, and the app drawers are cool too, the only problem I am having with app drawer is that it’s hard to add apps in it, and the notification blinker is not working, I mean it’s not notifying about the notification, I tried to set the speed and others things but it’s not working, this launcher is so good, I am gonna use it as my main launcher from now on, Thank You Blloc Team

5 Likes

Thank you Blloc team for sharing this amazing launcher. I just want to suggest maybe there is a mode where the app tiles has no icon but the app name text only. I think this looks more simpler.

2 Likes

I think by icons you identify the app more quicker than the text. Although an option to choose between both would be good.

1 Like

You can still keep text for most of the apps as icons. Just choose the text icons in the edit app page.

Thanks for supporting my nokia 6.1 plus now it is very smooth

2 Likes

@Themukeshmahiya Welcome to the community

Thanks you

Perhaps I should add my appreciation here, too. It’s way long overdue!

As a student, I’m always scouring around the internet trying to find more interesting methods, ways, and solutions to solve some of the troubles I’m facing in my life at the moment. One of these persistent issue (that I’m sure everyone can relate to) is the fact that we’re submitting ourselves to our devices, choosing these devices over the most essential things in life. I first encountered Ratio through some videos that I found on YouTube (although it was more to the Zero18 than it was to Ratio). My interest was piqued at the claim that this launcher is different from the others; my expectations weren’t let down!

Since Ratio, I’ve been able to cut down my phone usage from around 6 hours to 3–4 hours. This has really made me find more time for more things I thought I didn’t have time for (like working on personal projects!); as a whole, Ratio has definitely helped me improve my life. I’ve found more time to finally pick up that guitar lying around in the corner or bash keyboards and make some code work!

My thanks can’t possibly be enough for all that Ratio has done to help me. Thank you to everyone in the Blloc team for all the effort but in tirelessly to create such a unique phone experience! :heart: :iphone:

3 Likes

Hello Blloc

Thanks for me invite which i received today , just want to let you know that i have it working on my Huawei P20 Pro with out any real problems , everything seems to be working as it should .

Thanks again for this awesome Launcher :smile:

Doug

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

I am in a quite similar position as it was being said earlier. But instead of Nova I was with ADW nearly 10 years by now. Whatever I tried, I ditched it very soon.

Well… This one stays. The approach via this launcher has been created is very unique, just like the user experience it provides (and it looks cool too).

So, summa summarum, thanks for your initiative, for your hard work and for sending my invitation so soon. The product works without any major issues on my Note 10; waiting for the new features. :wink:

Cheers,
Peter

1 Like

I do remember seeing bllock phone and ratio on Yanko Design somewhere around in 2018. I was intrigued that time as ratio totally looked beautiful and out of place (in a good way) compared to other phones. Fast forward April 2020, Youtube algorithm somehow showed me video of bllock and ratio done by TechAltar. I literally paused the video and registered myself for early access. Last week I got the invitation and for last two days it’s been a blast to have ratio on my phone.
Being a graphic designer, I use my phone a lot but for last few months I realized I was becoming addicted to it. I was using Instagram and other apps for more than 1-2 hours each (please don’t judge me) when I was supposed to focus on my business. I tried a lot of options but all failed. After installing ratio, Whole connections folder containing gmail, instagram, linkedin and whatsaspp shows stats not more than 1 hour everyday! It literally creates anxiety not to use apps in a really good way!
Thanks Bllock team for creating an essential solution in this noisy world!

4 Likes