Battery draiin on Pixel 4 XL

I’ve got ratio on Pixel 4 XL. The battery drain is quite high. Within a few hours it drained 15%. Anyone else experiencing this?

3 Likes

Same on the Pixel 3. Downloaded yesterday afternoon. Started the app in the morning, turned on notifications (after realizing I had them off). Battery was at 15% by 2pm… started at 100% at 6am. Charge usually at 30-40% by 10pm.

2 Likes

Today I’m running a test with geolocation off and smart battery management. Let’s see how the phone behaves.

2 Likes

Yes, also on another smartphone (xiaomi)

On oneplus7t i can say its almost doubled mybatterybaçkup with ratio launcher…

Wish i could say that for my Oneplus 6. The battery drain has been bad - even after turning on the optimize option for the launcher.

1 Like

The Devs are working on the battery drain issue…hang tight mate…cheers :sunglasses:

3 Likes

we’re investigating this but we are still not sure Ratio is causing drain as we cant identify anything abnormal. Theres a hypothesis maybe because of the Color Touch feature Ratio gets “counted” in on some draining apps.

3 Likes

In primary observations we found this to be an incorrect battery stats in respect of Ratio. We’re still looking into to find the exact reason, omce done we’ll update you.

1 Like

Did you turn off BllocDesk in Ratio settings ? that has a big impact on battery

I did. Have Blloc Desk disconnected, Greyscale/Colormode changes disabled, even turned off the Ratio as assitant (although i notice it keeps getting turned back on automatically).

Try to disable access to notifications

For the assistant getting changed, do these:

1. Turn off use ratio as assistant in ratio settings.
  2. Change the default assistant to Google or any other you use in the device settings.
1 Like

I was having these same issues - seems like I have slowed the battery drain:
1- turned off BlocDesk connection
2- turned off News, YouTube in Root

Still have as Assistant App turned on and still have enabled Greyscale/Color Mode and still have notifications turned on

1 Like

@B_Wrath, tried that. Seems to be working now.

1 Like

Happy to help🙂
Have fun using ratio!

I’m having this problem too… in 7 sleep hours, nearly 20% battery drained. I’m trying again tonight without Bllocdesk active, I think it’s because Ratio is trying to connect with Bllocdesk and waking up the device each X minutes

It is. Turn off bllocdesk connection in ratio, you’ll have better battery usage.

1 Like

Hey everyone, just to add on the topic:
I am using Pixel 3XL with latest Android Version installed.
A few days ago I noticed that the idle battery life of my phone went down drastically. I thought this might be because of some stupid apps that I downloaded, but I deleted them and still, I am facing the same issue. Again, just to make sure that the issue is real I tested my phone for 3 days in a row.
Before going to bed my phone was at 96% battery and when I woke up after 7 hours the battery was at 63% with the always-on display turned on (I always had it on since the day 1).
Next day the phone went from 87% to 59% in roughly 7 hours.
So there is a big problem somewhere, I can’t figure it out so I am hoping for you guys to give a nice solution to the problem or either this is a problem or I am doing something stupid here.
Thank you in advance.

Do you have BllocDesk connection turned off? If not, turn it off and check the backup. Let us know how it changed drain